Foster care and Diagrama
There are different kinds of foster care designed to meet the different needs of children and their families:
Diagrama is looking for foster carers who are interested in providing any of the following services:
- Emergency fostering: providing immediate shelter in a crisis at any time of day or night.
- Short term fostering: providing a safe base for a child while permanent plans can be made. This can take up to two years.
- Long term fostering: providing care for a child who cannot return home on a permanent basis. The aim is to provide vulnerable children with the love and stability of a permanent family.
- Respite fostering: providing very short breaks to refresh other foster carers and give children a positive short break experience.
What it takes to be a foster carer
Every child or young person is different – from experiences and ethnicity to personality and interests. So, to find the right match for the children and young people we support, we recruit carers from all walks of life. Becoming a foster carer to one or more children requires, flexibility, commitment, patience and a willingness to learn new skills.
Diagrama is committed to keeping brothers and sisters together wherever possible, so if you would like to find out more about how rewarding foster care can be, please call us or a chat on 020 8668 2181 or email email@example.com
Criteria for application:
Foster carers are ordinary people making an extraording difference to children who need a safe, caring home. Demand for foster carers is high and Diagrama desperately needs to hear from people who meet the following criteria:
- People of all racial backgrounds
- People of any or no religious faith
- Married, unmarried and same sex couples who can show that their relationship is lasting constant and enduring.
- Single people
- People with or without children (we would not usually place a foster child in a home where there were children under the age of 12, because of the complex needs the foster child may have).
- People over 21 who have sufficient health and vigour to manage energetic children.
- Please note that a fostered child will need their own room.
If you would like to know more about becoming a foster carer, submit your name and email address on this page, and we can send you our Foster Care information pack which provides more information about the process.
What Diagrama can do for you
The decision to foster a child should not be taken lightly, but it is without doubt a very rewarding experience. At Diagrama, we will offer you the support, training, supervision and remuneration when a child is in placement with you to help you make a success of long-term foster care.
We also recommend:
- Asking around, talk to someone who can tell you about their experience of fostering.
- Contact us to find out more – about fostering generally or working with Diagrama.
- Attend one of our information events - details of upcoming fostering events can be found here.
Get in touch today
We're always looking for new foster carers across London and the south east. If you're interested in becoming a foster carer for Diagrama, or you just want to find out more about fostering, we'd love to hear from you.
Call 020 8668 2181